FINISHED!!!!!

ERMERGERRRR…..*falls over in exhaustion* The final layer has been printed!!!!!

FINALE!!!

FINALE!!!

I can now pass out happily…..My goodness though….I had to pull at least…6 or 7 proofs before I found the one. The issue I ran into was the silver ink!!! Because I never used it before I was unsure as to what problems it would bring…the main one: it didn’t let the black ink lay on it. GYAH! Worst possible problem there could ever be….but! Easily fixed.

Denese Saunders from OGS helped me by giving me this:

2015-02-09 14.14.06

It is an additive that makes the ink greasier so it will play nicely with the other layers of ink. I had to experiment with it on a small section of the block to see if it would work since we weren’t really sure if the silver was the problem or not…..I had to pull a proof….ink the block….pull more proofs….ink again….pull a proof…..add more ink….KJDFOISJF!! In the end it all worked out and I learned what to do when I use silver as a second to last layer.
THANK THE PRINTMAKING GODS!!!! IT IS THE END AND IT ALL WORKED!!!!!!!!!

The next thing that I’ve decided to experiment with is watercolors on the “key” (black) prints. This way I can do a larger set of prints that are varied in colors and textures.

Starting a watercolored version

Starting a watercolored version

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s